Sunday, January 27, 2008

Lamb Chop with Avocado and Sweet & Sour Sauce

Beside oranges I loove Avocado so much!
It's actually tasteless (not sweet, bitter nor sour) but dunno why it's just taste right in mouth! I had this avocadoholic moment when I was still at college back then in Sydney. I used to have my 'avocado sandwich' for breakfast (or even worst for a midnight 'snack' :P). It's just a simple combination of:
  • a whole meal bread (you can toast it or not),
  • spread it with cream cheese (yes, a lot please...)
  • put slices (lots) of avocado
  • pinch of black pepper and last
  • pour thai sweet 'n' sour chili sauce over..
  • put some green salad or tomatos or beetroot (if u you want)
  • sandwich them and eat it!!
Hmmm soo yummy!!! (try it and see what you think). :)

Anyway, tonight's dinner I'm gonna make a fried lamb chop (too lazy to grill). First I was going to try Ti's recipe again (Thai dressed lamb cutlets & Mango and cucumber salad), but I don't have a complete ingredients, so I tried to make it with a simple recipe that my brother usually use. Of course the avocado part is my modification for the sake of being called 'creative' Ha..Ha..:P. I also make a sweet and sour sauce for the avocado based on yesterday's orange chicken rosemary recipe.

Lamb Chop with Avocado and Sweet & Sour Sauce
Ingredients:
  • 4 regular lamb chop
  • margarine
  • garlic powder
  • white pepper
  • pinch of salt
  • black pepper
Spread margarine to lamb chop 2 sides. Give a pinch of salt, white pepper, garlic powder and black pepper. (I dunno exactly the measurement, just give it as many as you like but don't be over). Set aside.

BBQ Sauce:
  • 1 tbs of ready to use BBQ sauce (I used KRAFT Original BBQ Sauce)
  • Combine with 1/2 cup of water. (make sure it's not too watery, coz you will loose the taste).
Avocado:
  • 1/2 of Fresh Avocado, slice around 2 cm, peel the skin off.
SWEET & SOUR Sauce:
  • 5 tbs of lemon juice (from 1/2 to 1 fresh lemon)
  • 1 tbs of Dijon's Mustard
  • 5 tbs of honey
  • Mix them all together in a bowl.


Method:
  • Give 2 tsp of olive oil to the non-stick pan, while in medium heat put lamb chop in it.
  • Fry the lamb its 2 sides. Pour half of the BBQ sauce on the lamb then close the pan with a lid for few minutes.
  • Open the lid, turn the lamb, give another BBQ sauce and close it again.
  • When it's done (depends on your liking, rare/medium/well done), put it in a plate and garnish it with Rosemary and pour some BBQ sauce again on top (if you like).
  • Set the avocado slices beside the Lamb. Pour the Sweet & Sour Sauce to the avocado.
  • Serve with Fries or steamed rice. (I ate it just by it self)
While you enjoy the greasy lamb, you'll also get a sweet 'n' sour taste from the avocado sauce.. It's such a yummy combination, and my husband love it too! :D Hmm..I feel like I could eat another one already...

No comments: