It's actually tasteless (not sweet, bitter nor sour) but dunno why it's just taste right in mouth! I had this avocadoholic moment when I was still at college back then in Sydney. I used to have my 'avocado sandwich' for breakfast (or even worst for a midnight 'snack' :P). It's just a simple combination of:
- a whole meal bread (you can toast it or not),
- spread it with cream cheese (yes, a lot please...)
- put slices (lots) of avocado
- pinch of black pepper and last
- pour thai sweet 'n' sour chili sauce over..
- put some green salad or tomatos or beetroot (if u you want)
- sandwich them and eat it!!
Anyway, tonight's dinner I'm gonna make a fried lamb chop (too lazy to grill). First I was going to try Ti's recipe again (Thai dressed lamb cutlets & Mango and cucumber salad), but I don't have a complete ingredients, so I tried to make it with a simple recipe that my brother usually use. Of course the avocado part is my modification for the sake of being called 'creative' Ha..Ha..:P. I also make a sweet and sour sauce for the avocado based on yesterday's orange chicken rosemary recipe.
Lamb Chop with Avocado and Sweet & Sour Sauce
- 4 regular lamb chop
- garlic powder
- white pepper
- pinch of salt
- black pepper
- 1 tbs of ready to use BBQ sauce (I used KRAFT Original BBQ Sauce)
- Combine with 1/2 cup of water. (make sure it's not too watery, coz you will loose the taste).
- 1/2 of Fresh Avocado, slice around 2 cm, peel the skin off.
- 5 tbs of lemon juice (from 1/2 to 1 fresh lemon)
- 1 tbs of Dijon's Mustard
- 5 tbs of honey
- Mix them all together in a bowl.
- Give 2 tsp of olive oil to the non-stick pan, while in medium heat put lamb chop in it.
- Fry the lamb its 2 sides. Pour half of the BBQ sauce on the lamb then close the pan with a lid for few minutes.
- Open the lid, turn the lamb, give another BBQ sauce and close it again.
- When it's done (depends on your liking, rare/medium/well done), put it in a plate and garnish it with Rosemary and pour some BBQ sauce again on top (if you like).
- Set the avocado slices beside the Lamb. Pour the Sweet & Sour Sauce to the avocado.
- Serve with Fries or steamed rice. (I ate it just by it self)