Made a Green Tea Ice Cream for this weekdays dessert. It's simple and no need to use eggs. I also bought canned Longan, Red/Green Bean paste Mochi from Mocha Mochi (they make a very good Mochi in this town) to complement with ice cream.
First time I bought Mocha Mochi because they have a really beautiful packaging for their products, but then their Mochi also taste very delicious and so soft.
Isn't the packaging beautiful?
Here's the recipe:
- 2 cups Half and Half (or 1 cup whole milk + 1 cup heavy whipping cream)
- 3 Tbsp green tea powder (matcha)
- ½ cup sugar
- Pinch of salt (about 1/16 tsp.)
- Freeze the ice cream bowl for 24 hours.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the half and half, sugar and salt.
- Start cooking the mixture over medium heat, and add green tea powder. Stir often and cook until the mixture starts to foam and is very hot to the touch but not boiling.
- Remove from the heat and transfer the mixture to a bowl sitting in an ice bath. When the mixture is cool, cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Once the mixture is thoroughly chilled, transfer to a pre-chilled ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacture's instructions (20-25 minutes). Transfer the soft ice cream into an airtight container and freeze for at least 3 hours before serving.