Friday, February 26, 2010

Just Desserts - Raspberry Panna Cotta

Raspberry Panna Cotta

Having a nice and beautifully photographed cook book is one of (from many other) my guilty pleasure. I bought Daniel Tay's 'Just Desserts' couple months ago and wanted to try this Panna Cotta recipe. But since I don't have a small round glass just like shown in his book, so the plan has to be postponed until I got the glass. Luckly last time I went to this supermarket with my sister, and they have many range and sizes of glasses. Just what I've expected! I found those glasses at last! I bought 3 of them and I also found a really nice cutting glass. It's Polkadots! Really really cute! If only they have other colors besides blue, I might getting it too.

Berries I (heart) you

I also bought fresh Raspberries and Blueberries..Aren't they gorgeous fruits?. If only they're not so expensive here, I would have them every week in my fridge.

Berries I (heart) you

OK, reading the recipe looks like nothing's hard. This is also my first time using a vanilla pod. Oohh...They smell really good, don't they?. Last time my friend from Singapore told me that Indonesia has one of the best growing Vanilla pod. I'm so ashamed that I didn't know that until she mentioned about it. Ha ha :P

Raspberry Panna Cotta

As I said before, there's nothing hard from reading the recipe.. but turns out it was failed Hahaha :P The texture was absolutely creamy, not even slightly sticky. I still haven't got the right way to use gelatine, I don't know why or what went wrong about it. And I didn't get the raspberry pured enough, so you could still see the texture from it, or maybe I should sift them just to get the liquid. Anyway, Despite on those things surprisingly the taste was quite good! A really nice combination of sweet and sour :D Will do better next time.

Raspberry Panna Cotta

No comments: