Chocolate is addictive!. Not to mentioned this tiny little sweet things. Chocolate cake crumbled with chocolate ganache and covered with bitter sweet chocolate melt. Put in the fridge overnight, and ready to serve.
from Joy of Baking - modified by me
- Chocolate cake (from any recipe you have)
- 227 gr Semisweet or Bittersweet chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 180 ml heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of Rum -optional
- 100gr Semisweet or Bittersweet chocolate, cut into small pieces
- Sprinkles (or whatever you like)
- Break chocolate cake into small pieces, set aside.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a medium sized stainless steel bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the cream and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to boil.
- Immediately pour the boiling cream over the chocolate and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir with a whisk until smooth. If desired, add liqueur. Set aside and wait until the mixture is cold enough.
- Pour the mixture into chocolate cake, mix well (i'm using my hand covered with plastic gloves). Using your hand, get a small amount mixture and shape into bite size ball.
- Chopped chocolate into small pieces.
- Place coarsely chopped chocolate in the top of a double boiler over hot, not simmering, water. Melt the chocolate, stirring until smooth. Remove the top part of the double boiler from the bottom.
Place the ready chocolate ball into the chocolate melt until its covered. Repeat this to all the chocolate ball. Sprinkle the top to decorate. Wait for about 30 minutes, then refrigerate overnight.