Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Pretty Feet is Rising... Finally!

I have lost counted trying to make Macarons from the last 2 or 3 years.. There's a time when I felt really frustrated and wouldn't want to go back and try to make Macarons. I think I've absence quite a long time in the kitchen since then.

I never stop browsing a recipe about Macarons, learn how to, tips and trick and a good friend of mine also gave me a really nice book about Macarons. Still, after all the research and even reading the simplest recipe didn't give me enough courage to give it another try. 

Lemon Curd
Lemon Curd 

Until then, I saw my friend successfully made Macarons, it gave me a booster, another inspiration to be back in the kitchen to try those 'my little enemies'. Few months back, I bought a book about Macarons from Primarasa. It's all written in Bahasa Indonesia, and has a really good information about how to make Macarons. It also give details about what went wrong about Macarons, and so on. It's all stated in clear and really easy to understand. So, I think, why not give it a try before we end this year 2011.

Lemon Curd
Spreading Lemon Curd 


One of my obstacle for making Macarons was the oven. It's an old oven which has automatic setting for temperature. When the oven already hot, automatically the gas will stop running, so it's difficult to have a steady hot temperature. And it could not set into below 180 C, which most of Macarons should be bake between 140-160 C. But since now I have a new oven now, so I don't have any excuse not to give another try.

It's 31 December 2011, I already stock almond powder and other things to make Macarons. And so I followed the directions in the book. This time I'll make it absolutely right, means that I will grind the powder really well first. OK, when the batter was incorporated, I took time for the Macarons to get harder on the shell. It took me about 20-30 minutes. And now... baking time!

The happy feet
The happy feet


I set the temperature on 160 C as written on the book.. and put the tray in the middle. It says only 7 minutes to bake. So I've waited patiently in front of my oven.. hopping that this time will be right. 4 minutes passed.. I started to look the bottom of the round batter getting pushed up.. and.. There you are.. The Happy Feet!!! I'm almost in tears watching it raised haha.. and could not believe that It's actually happening!!! I screamed inside and cheered my self.. oh, so this is what others feels like when they saw the happy feet is raising! I'm so overjoyed! :D :D

A bite is not enough
One bite is never enough


It's totally 7 minutes (yes I got a timer to make it precise) and then bring the tray to cool down. I waited the macarons until it's totally dry, and you could peel it easily without having anything left stuck in the bottom of it.

Lemon Poppyseed Macarons
Lemon Poppyseed Macarons with Lemon Curd

Here they are, my Lemon Poppyseed Macarons with Lemon Curd.
Oh please bear with me if my next posting will be all about Macarons. I'm so gonna make lots more with different kind of taste. What a great feeling to end the day of 2011!

No comments: