Another easy and simple dessert to make. After couple times made an Apple crumble, this time I wanna try using different fruits: Strawberry!
Ingredientsfor the filling:
- 500 grams strawberries (hulled)
- 50 grams caster sugar + brown sugar
- 100 grams plain flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 75 grams cold butter (diced)
- 100 grams muesli
- 75 grams sugar+ brow sugar
- double cream/ice cream (to serve)
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6/400ºF. Put the hulled strawberries into your pie dish, I'm using a small soup bowl or you can use ramkin and sprinkle over them the sugar. Give the dish a good shake or two to mix the ingredients.
- Now for the crumble topping: put the flour, muesli, sugar and rub in the cold, diced butter between thumb and fingers. When you’ve finished, it should resemble rough, pale oatmeal.
- Tip this over the strawberry mixture, covering the strawberries in an even layer and giving a bit of a press in at the edges of the dish. Set the dish on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, by which time the crumble topping will have darkened to a pale gold and some pink-red juices will be seeping and bubbling out at the edges.
- Leave to stand for 10 minutes before serving with double cream or ice cream.
I didn't have exactly 500 grams of strawberries so it's a bit less taste of strawberry, but still yummy.
Will do it again with more strawberries next time.