Been a long time since my first trial making frozen strawberry & blueberry cheese cake couple years ago, it's basically same ingredients. I'm using this recipe from Nigela website with a bit of adjustment.
Strawberry Cream Cheese - Ingredients
- 125 grams digestive biscuits- I'm using Ritz Cheese Crackers
- 75 grams butter (soft)
- 300 grams cream cheese- I use 250 gr Cream cheese & 50 gr Sour cream
- 60 grams sugar- I use only 50 grams
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract- I omit this one because I don't have this at the moment
- 250 ml double cream
- strawberry jam (2 pots)
- strawberries (fresh, a few to decorate or strawberry sauce to drizzle - optional) - I made a raspberry coulis instead.
- Grated Lemon Zest
- Crush the digestive biscuits in a bowl (just use your fingers).
- Melt the butter and then pour into the bowl of crushed biscuits and stir well. Find a container or flat bowl and press the biscuit mixture on the bottom evenly. Use a metal tablespoon/ teaspoon to spoon out jam and spread it evenly over the layer of biscuit, (make sure the spoon is wet to stop the jam from sticking)
- In a separate large bowl beat together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. In another bowl or a processor, whip the double cream, and then pour and fold it into the cream cheese mixture.
- I divided the cheese mixture into half. First half mixed it with 2 Tbs of strawberry jam with a mixer combine them together.
- Carefully spoon the strawberry cheesecake mixture first onto the biscuit and strawberry base then continue with the other mixture on top of it. Using another wet metal tablespoon/teaspoon smooth the surface.
- Decorate with strawberries.
- Leave in the fridge overnight or for 3-5 hours.
Raspberry Coulis (optional)
- 1 Cup of frozen Raspberry
- 2 Tbsp Sugar to taste
- Tip all of the coulis ingredients into a frying pan and heat until the raspberries start to break down. Using a mesh strainer, strain mixture into a bowl then continue pushing residue of mixture through. Discard seeds. Set aside until ready to serve.
To Serve: Cut a slice with a wet hot knife, add strawberry on top.
Pour some Raspberry Coulis to add some sweet and sour taste.
This is one of heavenly dessert that I love. It's creamy, cheesy but yet it's fresh because of the strawberries. My son had his first cheese cake because he's curious when I made this and he said it tasted just like strawberry ice cream :D