Saturday, March 15, 2008

My Late Entry for Spectacular Cup Cakes 2008..oh well

I want to participate on this Spectacular Cup Cake event which was held by Ms. Arfi Binsted (love her blog!)..But seems like I didn't look closely to the deadline. I thought it'll be ended on 12.00 pm New Zealand time, but it did end on 12.00 am. I'm pretty sure that I'm not eligible to be on this event :(, but I had already made them this morning.. So to get over my disappointment and making my feeling's better, I'm still gonna post it anyway on my blog otherwise it would be such a waist..hehe..

I currently love to make Japanese Cheese Cake. This is my third time using the recipe for these cupcakes. I've made some to my Dad on his birthday and the whole family love the softness, fresh and 'just right' cheesy taste..It's such an overwhelm taste! I've modified it by putting strawberry paleta and fresh cut strawberries before covering it with butter cream. I like to make cup cake that when people eat it, they would be surprised by something hidden inside :D

Here's the recipe and some step by step I did:

Strawberry-Japanese Style Cheesecake
(Source: 35 Cheesecake Recipes Variation by Yasaboga)

Mix and sift:
50 gr flour (all purpose)
50 gr cornstarch

Ingredients:
60 gr unsalted butter
250 gr cream cheese, at room temperature
120 ml whipping cream
5 egg yolks
5 white eggs
2 tsp grated lemon rind
1/8 tsp salt > i didn't use this (forgot to be exact :P)
125 gr castor sugar
1 tsp lemon juice

Instruction:
  1. Prepare 1 dozen (12 pcs) of medium size paper cups. Heat the oven at 150 degree Celcius.
  2. Put together in a sauce pan: butter, cream cheese and whipping cream. Cook on low heat, stir until soft, remove from heat.
  3. Mix in flour mixture, blend well. Stir in yolks, blend well. Stir in grated lemon rind, blend well, set aside.
  4. Beat the egg whites until frothy, beat in sugar and lemon juice gradually while continue beating until it forms soft peaks.
  5. Spoon 1/3 of egg whites batter into cream cheese mixture, blend well. Fold in this batter to the remaining egg whites batter, blend well.
  6. Pour batter into paper cup, bake au bain marie (water bath)> how? first, before pre-heating the oven, prepare a square cookie pan (20x20x4) and fill it with hot boiling water not more than a half. Put a rack on to, but make sure the water still underneath it then put filled paper cups onto the rack.
  7. Put it together to the oven for approximately 75 minutes until the surface is done, golden yellow in color. Remove from oven > better let the filled water cookie pan stay in the oven, make sure you just get the cup cakes off the oven. I once almost burn my finger from the boiling water, because I did try to remove the pan also! pretty smart move :P ha ha..> let cool on a rack.

From Left to right:
  1. JCC ready
  2. Spread strawberry paleta
  3. Put fresh cut strawberries on each cake
  4. Cover with butter cream
  5. Blend strawberry paleta with butter cream, add just a tiny pink color onto.
  6. Fill in to piping bag, choose spuit that you desire
  7. Make a swirl on top
  8. Prepare colorful sprinkles
  9. Sprinkle some to the cake
  10. Strawberry JCC cup cake ready to serve :D


No comments: